Walt Disney World Orlando Season: Spring 2012
December 9, 2011 1 Comment
Orlando , Fla. — In spring 2012, Disney guests can fly like no elephant (or Disney guest) has ever flown, subdue villains with magic spells, sail the azure waters of the Caribbean aboard a brand-new luxury ship, and settle down for the night in rooms celebrating Disney royalty.
January-May 2012 at Walt Disney World Resort also is a time when road runners take to the streets and byways of the Vacation Kingdom in marquee runDisney events, Major League Baseball returns to Champion Stadium, Epcot blooms and Disney celebrates the possibilities of youth.
Here’s a look at what’s in store …
Look! Dumbo is going the wrong way!
Actually, Dumbo is just reversing decades of flying in counter-clockwise circles. Call it “unwinding,” if you will. And in a new location within Magic Kingdom.
Guests will board Dumbo the Flying Elephant from the lovable critter’s left side — like mounting a horse … and unlike the way guests hop aboard for a whirl at Disney parks on three continents. It is scheduled to begin happening in early 2012 when select experiences in the Storybook Circus neighborhood of New Fantasyland debut just northeast of Mad Tea Party.
Also early 2012, the existing Dumbo attraction near Prince Charming Regal Carrousel will close, be refurbished and be moved to a location in Storybook Circus next to the new Dumbo attraction. The result when completed later in 2012: double Dumbos, one going this-a-way, one going that-a-way … a real circus act, if you will.
There also will be a “big top” that serves as a queue area for the popular attraction. It will feature a variety of interactive experiences currently being developed.
Two other Storybook Circus elements planned for opening early in the year are The Barnstormer and Fantasyland Station. Guests who enjoyed The Barnstormer at Goofy’s Wiseacre Farm will be happy to know the junior coaster thrills of that attraction are back with a thematic change: Goofy has sold the farm and is now a circus stunt pilot and magician, The Great Goofini. The completely re-imagined train station will serve as the gateway to Storybook Circus and all Fantasyland points beyond.
Cruella de Vil, meet the apprentice sorcerers!
And you, too, Scar. And, for that matter, a legion of other Disney villains!
When Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom premieres in early 2012, Merlin the magician will recruit guests as apprentice sorcerers to undertake missions to subdue the “baddies” in what Disney Imagineering calls an “immersive role-playing adventure.”
Armed with what appear to be nothing more potent than cards, guests engage with villains at special locations throughout the park. But the fact is: The cards have magic powers players can use in their quest to defeat the villains.
Blooms, Baseball and more
Several popular events return to Walt Disney World Resort in early 2012. Here’s a snapshot:
- The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival presented by HGTV is a spring special event filled with Disney character topiaries, a colorful array of flowers, gardens, live music and special presentations. The 19th edition will burst into full bloom March 7, 2012, and continued through May 20, 2012.
- Major League Baseball’s Atlanta Braves return to ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in February 2012 for their 15th season of spring training at Walt Disney World Resort, including a schedule of “Grapefruit League” games in March at 9,500-seat Champion Stadium.
- Every mile is filled with Disney fun at the 2012 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by CIGNA on Jan. 5-8, 2012. It is a weekend of races that are both magical and memorable, climaxed by the 19th Disney Marathon through all four Walt Disney World theme parks. The weekend also features a half marathon and Disney’s Health & Fitness Expo.
- Disney’s Princess Half Marathon Weekend on Feb. 24-26, 2012, brings women of all ages together to participate in a magical event designed just for them. The Disney Princesses are the inspiration for the weekend’s events and will focus on the attributes every princess possesses: commitment, courage, determination, fantasy, perseverance, and strength. The weekend includes the signature 13.1-mile run through Magic Kingdom and Epcot plus a family 5K, kids’ races and Disney’s Fit for a Princess Expo.
- The fifth class of Disney’s Dreamers Academy with Steve Harvey and Essence Magazine will be in session March 8-11, 2012, when 100 high school students from across America converge on Walt Disney World Resort for a stimulating and inspiring extended weekend of special events, immersive educational workshops, personal enhancement and professional enrichment.
To enjoy the magic of Disney during this christmas season Check our great Disney World Vacation Packages. We offer a great deals for christmas season and Orlando is the best place to celebrate it with family and friends www.orlandodiscountticketsusa.com